Come make a Holy Pilgrimage to our Little Portion Hermitage & Monastery deep in the beautiful Ozark Mountains!
This contemplative jewel of the Church in America is filled with an awe inspiring monastic church and monastery, gorgeous walks through the prayer gardens, and a welcoming monastic community.
Since the beginning, monasteries have been considered the beating contemplative heart of the Church. It is only in the last part of the 20th century that we began losing this contemplative heart in the church in America. But, we are gaining new members, and that contemplative heart is being revived in the Holy Spirit and in Jesus Christ!
We invite you to come make a pilgrimage to rediscover this beating contemplative heart of the Church for yourself. Some have said that, “Little Portion Hermitage and Monastery is one of the best kept secrets in North America.”
Discover this secret for yourself, walk quietly with Jesus, and let Him unlock the peace and contemplation of this holy place. It is well worth the pilgrimage!
Hours Open to the Public
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
7:00 AM Lauds
12:00 Noon – Prayer and Meal
5:30 PM Daily Vespers (Except 5:00 PM Tuesday)
Individuals interested in a private spiritual conference and groups seeking guided tours
(as well as joining us for lunch) are requested to call in advance.
A donation will be humbly accepted for lunch.
– Please refrain from smoking (including vaping) or drinking on Monastery grounds.
– The Hermitage is a tobacco and alcohol free zone.
– Please observe respectful silence in and around the chapel.
– Please wear shoes or sandals. No bare feet.
– Day visitors are asked to refrain wearing “short shorts”, skirts above the knee and sleeveless shirts or tank tops.
– Overnight visitors and retreatants are asked to refrain from wearing shorts.
– Children under 18 must accompanied by a chaperone or adult at all times.
– Tobacco products and illegal substances products are prohibited.
- Monday :09:00 - 17:00
- Tuesday :09:00 -17:00
- Wednesday :09:00 - 17:00
- Thursday :09:00 - 17:00
- Friday :09:00 - 17:00
- Saturday :09:00 - 17:00
- Sunday :Closed